What is ResponderStrong?
ResponderStrong is our mental health initiative for Responder-informed crisis and clinical services as well as easily accessible educational content and tools for Responders, families, leaders, and the clinicians who work with them.
The mental, emotional, and physical impacts of Emergency Response work can compromise our ability to be there for our brothers and sisters in uniform, to be engaged with our families, and to protect our communities. Frequent exposure to critical incidents and other occupational stressors can place us all at heightened risk for:
- Anxiety and depression
- Substance misuse and addiction
- Strained social relationships and divorce
- Decreased performance through burnout, compassion fatigue, and crisis
- Stress injury and post-traumatic symptoms (sleep problems, flashbacks, heightened reactivity)
- Suicide – Responder suicide rates are almost double that of the national adult average, and far more Emergency Responders die by suicide than other line-of-duty deaths.
As All Clear’s mental health initiative, ResponderStrong has created free, easily accessible, nationally recognized educational content including: stress injury formation, stress management, suicide awareness and prevention, relationship and communication skills, and resiliency. All Clear Foundation proudly contributes to the mental, emotional, and relational wellbeing of Responders and their families through ResponderStrong.